NASHVILLE, Tenn. (May 13, 2019) – Twelve Ardent Health Services-affiliated organizations have been recognized among the nation’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine. A third of the company’s hospitals were included on the prestigious 2019 list, marking the 12th consecutive year Ardent has been recognized for its success creating outstanding workplace cultures.
“People choose to work in healthcare to make a difference in others’ lives. This recognition is especially gratifying because it shows that our hospitals, clinics and other health care organizations are creating a supportive environment where employees and physicians feel safe and empowered to make decisions that benefit our patients,” said Ardent President and CEO David T. Vandewater. “Being among the Best Places to Work in Healthcare is a testament to not only how we care for our patients, but also how we care for one another.”
The Ardent organizations that rank among the top in the nation for strong workplace cultures and high employee satisfaction include:
- Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma. This is Bailey Medical Center’s eighth year on the list.
- HealthFirst TPA in Tyler, Texas. This is HealthFirst’s first year on the list.
- Hillcrest Hospital Cushing in Cushing, Oklahoma. This is Cushing’s second year on the list.
- Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta in Henryetta, Oklahoma. This is Henryetta’s first year on the list.
- Hillcrest Hospital Pryor in Pryor, Oklahoma. This is Pryor’s first year on the list.
- Lovelace Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This is Lovelace Medical Center’s fourth year on the list.
- Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This is Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital’s second year on the list.
- Lovelace Women's Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Lovelace Women’s Hospital has been recognized 10 of the 12 years Modern Healthcare has published the list.
- Oklahoma Heart Institute in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This is Oklahoma Heart Institute’s first year on the list.
- Physicians Surgical Hospitals, L.L.C. in Amarillo, Texas. This is Physicians Surgical Hospitals’ seventh year in a row on the list.
- Seton Medical Center Harker Heights in Harker Heights, Texas. This is Seton Harker Heights’ second year on the list.
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This is Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital’s second year on the list.
Since its inception in 2008, Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work list has recognized 100 healthcare organizations with high-performing cultures that allow physicians, nurses and staff to work at their best, which, in turn, assures patients receive outstanding care. Winners are selected based on interviews with leadership and an employee survey, which assesses satisfaction, work-life balance, communication, policies and practices, work environment and culture. The full list of winners is available here.