DALLAS, Texas (September 27, 2018) – Modern Healthcare announced rankings for health care organizations recognized as Best Places to Work in Healthcare with five of Ardent Health Services’ 31 hospitals among the top in the country. This is the eleventh consecutive year an Ardent hospital has been listed.
“I believe working in health care is a calling,” shares Ardent President and CEO David T. Vandewater. “As leaders, we strive to create work environments that foster collaboration and support our employees. Being recognized as a ‘Best Place to Work in Healthcare’ organization by Modern Healthcare is a proud accomplishment. It represents not only how we care for our patients, but how we care for one another as well.”
Modern Healthcare’s rankings are based on interviews with leadership and physicians, and a confidential employee survey that assesses satisfaction, work-life balance, communication, policies and practices, work environment and culture. The Ardent hospitals that rank among the top in the nation for strong workplace cultures and high employee satisfaction are:
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, ranked 17th. This is Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital’s first year on the list.
- Lovelace Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ranked 30th. This is Lovelace Medical Center’s third year on the list.
- Physicians Surgical Hospitals in Amarillo, Texas, ranked 52nd. This is Physicians Surgical Hospitals’ sixth year on the list.
- Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma, ranked 59th overall. This is Bailey Medical Center’s seventh year on the list.
- Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ranked 75th. This is Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital’s first year on the list.
About Ardent Health Services
Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 31 hospitals in seven states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 92 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked.
Ardent Health Services