FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Five Ardent Hospitals Ranked Among Nation’s Best Places to Work
Hospital operator has more facilities on Modern Healthcare list than
any other health system in the nation
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (October 7, 2016) – Five Ardent Health Services-affiliated hospitals have been recognized among the nation’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine, with all of the facilities ranking in the top 20 among providers and insurers. No other organization or health system had more facilities on the prestigious list.
Of the five Ardent facilities honored this year, four have been previously recognized on the list:
· Lovelace Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico, was fourth in the provider category and 15th overall. This is Lovelace Medical Center’s first year on the list.
· Physicians Surgical Hospitals (PSH) in Amarillo, Texas, ranked fifth in the provider category, first among small providers and 18th overall. It is PSHs’ fourth time on the list.
· Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma, ranked 14th in the provider category and 38th overall. This is Bailey’s fifth year on the list.
· Lovelace Women’s Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ranked 16th in the provider category and 43rd overall. This is Lovelace Women’s eighth year on the list.
· Lovelace Westside Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ranked 17th in the provider category and 46th overall. This is Lovelace Westside’s sixth year on the list.
“At Ardent, our hospitals work hard to create an environment where employees feel valued and supported and patients receive the highest quality of care,” said Ardent President and Chief Executive Officer David T. Vandewater. “We are honored that our facilities continue to be recognized for their success in building a culture that not only attracts and retains the very best talent, but also motivates employees to go above and beyond.”
In its ninth year, Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work list recognizes 100 healthcare organizations with high-performing cultures that allow physicians, nurses and staff to work at their best, which, in turn, assures patients receive outstanding care. Winners are selected based on interviews with leadership and an employee survey, which assesses satisfaction, work-life balance, communication, policies and practices, work environment and culture. .
About Ardent Health Services
Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent's subsidiaries own and operate acute-care health systems in three service areas in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico that include 14 hospitals and more than 13,000 employees including 375 employed physicians in nearly 100 clinic locations. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 91.6 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 76.6 percent of all hospitals ranked.
Contact: Tyra Palmer