SEVEN ARDENT HEALTH SERVICES HOSPITALS RANKED AS BEST PLACES TO WORK IN HEALTHCARE
Ardent is the first organization in Modern Healthcare’s history of Best Places to Work in Healthcare rankings to achieve such an honor.
LAS VEGAS, Nevada (September 28, 2017) – Modern Healthcare announced rankings for health care organizations recognized as Best Places to Work in Healthcare with seven of Ardent Health Services’ 20 hospitals among the top in the country. No other organization or health system in the country had more facilities make the prestigious list.
“I am delighted to share that Ardent continues to lead the way in our industry when it comes to creating strong workplace cultures,” shares Ardent President and CEO David T. Vandewater. “This is truly a remarkable achievement, which is made even more significant by the fact that many of these facilities are repeat winners.”
Modern Healthcare’s rankings are based on interviews with leadership and physicians, and a confidential employee survey that assesses satisfaction, work-life balance, communication, policies and practices, work environment and culture. Ardent hospitals ranked as follows:
- BSA Health System in Amarillo, Texas, ranked 68th overall. This was BSA’s first year on the list.
- Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma, ranked 62nd overall. This is Bailey’s sixth year on the list.
- Hillcrest Hospital Cushing in Cushing, Oklahoma, was 59th overall. This is the hospital’s first year on the list.
- Lovelace Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 65th overall. This is Lovelace Medical Center’s second year on the list.
- Lovelace Women’s Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ranked 37th overall. This is Lovelace Women’s ninth year on the list.
- Physicians Surgical Hospitals in Amarillo, Texas, ranked 14th overall. It is PSHs’ fifth time on the list.
- Seton Medical Center Harker Heights in Harker Heights, Texas, was 75th overall. This is the hospital’s first year on the list.
“Whether celebrating one year on the list or nine, each of these facilities has created a culture that motivates employees to go above and beyond for the benefit of our patients,” adds Vandewater. “I would like to thank each of our employees who played a role in earning this important recognition”
About Ardent Health Services
Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tenn., Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 20 hospitals in six states with 18,000 employees including 500 employed physicians. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 87 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 78 percent of all hospitals ranked.
Ardent operations are owned by an affiliate of Equity Group Investments (EGI), a Chicago-based private investment firm; Ventas, Inc., a leading real estate investment trust; and members of Ardent’s executive management team. For more information, visit www.ardenthealth.com.
Ardent Health Services