Raising the Bar on Quality and Patient Safety
Ardent sets aggressive quality and patient safety standards for our facilities, striving to exceed state and national benchmarks in the areas of clinical quality, patient safety and customer service. We adopt evidence-based practices, confirmed by research to improve patient outcomes. We believe measurement is key to continued improvement and we empower our leaders to create a culture that values and rewards quality at every level. With a focus on quality improvement, we set the bar high and raise it again and again.
The result? Measurable improvements in the areas of patient safety, clinical quality and customer loyalty:
- 80 percent of Core Measures clinical quality indicators are at 100%
- 16 percent decrease, year over year, in Hospital-Acquired Conditions
- 84 percent of Ardent hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 74 percent of all hospitals ranked in CMS’ Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating (January 2020)
- 83 percent of Ardent hospitals received a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade of "A" or "B" for Fall 2020, compared to 58 percent of ranked hospitals
- Twelve Ardent hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2019 - the twelfth consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list (participation paused for pandemic)
Ardent has also achieved Level 8 out of 10 in the Epic Gold Star Program for effectively using the system to improve clinical and financial outcomes.